Although the award winning Dr Hal cards were rich with interesting facts, the design and branding previously applied to them were not appropriate for the target market and did not constitute a commercial offering. The brief was to rebrand the cards and develop accompanying marketing materials that would engage with people. Following the decision to target schools, Preview needed to create a brand that would appeal across the seven to eleven age range. It also needed to create a brand and marketing material that would appeal to teachers as the initial decision makers and influencers.
How we help
We undertook extensive research to develop a campaign to launch Dr Hal’s award-winning products. After examining the educational games market, we created a series of different approaches that were tested in student and teacher focus groups. By engaging with pupils and teachers we were able to:
- Identify new product opportunities.
- Prioritise the launch of existing products.
- Refine the design and content.
- Clear differentiation in the education sector with a striking and memorable look and feel combining photography and illustrations.
- The spring 2009 launch delivered clear differentiation in the education market with high recall among teachers and pupils.
- A growing and loyal online fan base spends an average 4 1/2 minutes on each website visit.
- In June 2009 the Dr Hal range of Science Trumps collected a second award in recognition for research and innovation